Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Monday night I stayed up late, even though my body was screaming for me to go to sleep, just so I could see the Perseid Meteor Shower. I didn't get to see a whole lot. It started after midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning and went until dawn. As with most meteor showers it doesn't get into full force for a while so, instead of staying up late I should have just gotten up really early. I tried to take a few pictures of the stars and catch some meteors but no luck. My star pictures are crappy, to say the least, and since I wasn't able to keep myself awake all night I didn't get any shots of the meteors either. But, for your entertainment here are some images I got off of google.


The thing about taking night pictures is that you have to be able to leave the shutter open for a long time, well to do that you need a good SLR camera. I have a point and shoot so even though I tried messing with the manual settings I wasn't able to get the shutter open long enough to get really good star pictures. The first picture you see (where the stars look like they're making a circle) is as a result of the shutter being left open for a really long time and as the earth rotates the stars leave a trail. Très sheik no?

1 Share The Love:

That is really cool. I wish i would have know... I would have totally stayed up! Bummer!