Boyfriends and Cake
Let me preface this by saying, I think I have the most wonderful boyfriend. I haven't seen Rae in three days, well I guess technically I saw him Tuesday for five minutes when I dropped Em off at the store to pick up the car...but does five minutes really count? neh. I'm okay with it really because we discussed this decrease in time together last Thursday, when we worked things out after the big fight. So, our plans were to get together Wednesday, I was to get off work and go pick up Rae and his Xbox and Rock Band equipment and our night was going to be spent at my house playing Rock Band with my roomie.
When I got to Rae's he'd left the door unlocked for me and I went on in. Usually he's in the game room and can't hear me when I get there but I still always announce my presence...so imagine my surprise when I heard his voice coming from the opposite direction of the game room. I looked for him and he was in the kitchen. As I walked up to him I noticed this on the counter:
My sweet adorable and loving boyfriend made me a birthday cake!
I didn't cry but I probably could have. That is by far the sweetest thing any guy has ever done for me (well outside of family of course). I've dated a lot of guys over the years and no offense toward any of them, mostly because I'm still friends with most of them, but only one guy I ever dated actually gave me anything for my birthday or really any other holiday for that matter. Matt bought me a stuffed pig for my 19th Birthday...I think I still have that pig too actually. Not that I am upset by this, don't get me wrong there, I've never been one of those girls that expects gifts from the guy I'm dating. But this... this is so different. Rae actually took the time to bake, with his roomie's help, a cake for me.
I swear my heart swelled up in my chest because it was so full of happy the moment I saw him standing there with icing in his hands. I've gotten a lot of presents over my 26 years of life but I have to say that this cake was by far one of the most thoughtful present anyone has ever given me. Mostly because it was from the heart. I love my birthday present so much...and it was delicious!
I swear I really do have the best boyfriend ever :-)


3 Share The Love:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Can you believe your 26. I'm turning 26 and I don't think I'm looking forward to it.
Thank you :-)
I've been dreading this day just because 25 hit me so hard. But yeah I don't feel any different so it's all good. Now when I'm 30 that'll probably be a different story.
That is pretty much the best gift to get - one from the heart. It's not about money, it's about creativity and love. If only I could get a guy to understand that!! :-)
Love you and hope your birthday just keeps getting better!
Post a Comment