Stolen!
I got to work today and noticed something missing from my desk. Two of my co-workers at DOT had pitched in together and bought me this awesome pig from hallmark, it's called Pigaso and it was so cute. I had it sitting up on the reception desk where I sit at work. It was there when I left Wednesday for the holiday but it disappeared sometime between when I left at 5pm Wednesday and when I got back to work at 8am this morning.
This is SO SAD! It's not like it was something that would have been of value to anyone but me. The only value the thing held was sentamental because two very nice people got it for me as a going away gift. So why take it? I mean you know it's not yours? I understand why people steal things of monetary value, I do, because they are lazy and don't want to work hard to earn their money so they'd rather just steal what someone else has. But I don't get why someone would steal something completely worthless to anyone else in the world? It was a little resin pig, seriously how much could you get for it on Ebay? Maybe $5.
Needless to say, today has been a pretty rotten day. I do hope that the e-mail I sent out this morning inspires this person to bring my piggy back to his home while I'm not here. *sigh* What is this world coming to?
This is SO SAD! It's not like it was something that would have been of value to anyone but me. The only value the thing held was sentamental because two very nice people got it for me as a going away gift. So why take it? I mean you know it's not yours? I understand why people steal things of monetary value, I do, because they are lazy and don't want to work hard to earn their money so they'd rather just steal what someone else has. But I don't get why someone would steal something completely worthless to anyone else in the world? It was a little resin pig, seriously how much could you get for it on Ebay? Maybe $5.
Needless to say, today has been a pretty rotten day. I do hope that the e-mail I sent out this morning inspires this person to bring my piggy back to his home while I'm not here. *sigh* What is this world coming to?


1 Share The Love:
I had a coworker who would play around and move a personal item from one desk to someone else's.... I don't want to get your hopes up but I hope that's the case. You can also send an email out asking anyone if they have it.
Post a Comment